Wellbeing information and resources
It has been a particularly difficult time for people whose homes were flooded but it has been great to see the community rally around to support them.
At times such as these, we all need as much support we can get – including for our mental wellbeing.
This page has information and resources from a range of agencies. We will update this regularly as more events and information become available.
If you or someone you know needs support dealing with flood recovery please get in touch.
Talk to a local GP
Buller Medical Centre and Coast Medical are located in Westport.
Contact information below:
Buller Health Medical Centre – Phone 03 788 9277
46B Cobden Street, Westport
Coast Medical – Phone 03 789 5000
161 Palmerston Street, Westport
Remember, if it’s an emergency, please call 111
- Need to Talk? For wellbeing support you can talk to a counsellor free of charge, call or text 1737 any time of the day or night.
- Talk confidentially about a meth or P-related issue or problem – 0800 METH HELP 0800 6384-4357
- The Alcohol Drug Helpline offers support to anyone concerned about their own or someone else’s drug or alcohol use 0800 787-797
- For pregnancy support and advice over the phone, please call your LMC/midwife.
- If you have questions about your young child or baby’s health phone Plunketline on 0800 933-922 to speak to a Plunket nurse.
- Call Healthline on 0800 611-116 – calls are answered 24/7. If you need to be seen, they will tell you what to do and where to go.
- You can also call the Buller Support line 0800 768-348 to access help and advice. Call to be connected to welfare advice and support or answers to any questions you may have about the recovery efforts.
Five Ways to Mental Wellbeing
The Five Ways – be active, take notice, give, connect and keep learning – are actions we should do every day which help support mental and emotional health.
These can be done in any way which works for you. Check out some ideas and resources.
Latest Wellbeing News
Recovery Round up #41
Welcome to Recovery Round up #41 26 August 2022. This time we wrap up some local events aiming to connect and support people. In coming Roundups we will be bringing you more about infrastructure...
Recovery Roundup #40 Aug 12, 2022
Kia Ora! Buller Recovery bring you issue #40 of Recovery Roundup... Kawatiri Business Case Information session We had a good turn out on Wednesday night for our free information session on...
Recovery Roundup #39
Kia Ora! Buller Recovery bring you issue #39 of Recovery Roundup... Where to now for flood recovery? In our last update, we provided a recovery snapshot of that first tough year since the July...