FLOOD RECOVERY STEERING GROUP
Identifying Long-Term Flood Resilience Options For Westport
The Buller Recovery Steering Group has established a cross-agency project to investigate longer-term flood recovery priorities and measures to increase the resilience of Westport and its surrounds from future flood events.
The Steering Group has been tasked with identifying and recommending an integrated package of long-term resilience measures that will be put forward for possible funding through a co-investment approach with Government.
The Steering Group will report back to elected Council members of both the West Coast Regional Council and Buller District Council with the recommended package of measures by the end of June 2022. Subject to the Councils’ and iwi agreement, and support of the package, a proposal to seek co-investment from central government will then be made to the Minister of Local Government.
Former Tasman mayor Richard Kempthorne is the Steering Group’s independent chair.
- Steering Group Explained
- Buller Flood Recovery Steering Group – FAQ
- Buller Recovery Steering Group Options Package process
- TOR for Buller Recovery Steering Group 3 March 2022
- Media release 27th April – Media release – Flood protection options – stakeholder engagement meeting
- Media release 4th April –Buller Recovery Steering Group Media Statement 4 April 2022
- Media release 25th Feb – Identifying long-term flood resilience options for Westport