Work is progressing well at the Stafford Street housing site and we have seen wonderful community spirit in action from local and ‘top of the South’ Rotary members this week. Rotary visited the houses and have very generously offered to supply beds and bedroom furniture. They are also considering how they may be able to help with curtains and blinds.
Additionally, Tonkin + Taylor and Haier Appliances have offered to donate new whiteware for all five houses.
Progress at 3 Stafford Street this week included:
- All five houses are now secured to the new piles.
- The mains electrical power cable has been trenched and installed from the street to the house meter boards. The electrical connections to each house will follow in the coming weeks and full inspections of the houses will occur, to ensure the electrical supply is working to all fixture and fittings and is safe and certified compliant.
- Data network capacity is being arrange to the property boundary. Conduit pipe has been installed in-ground from the boundary to each of the houses so individual data network connection can be connected at a later stage.
- The inground sewer, storm water and mains water supply has been trenched and installed from the street to each of the 5x houses. The connections to internal plumbing, drainage and downpipe connections will follow in the coming weeks. Each house will then be tested to ensure all plumbing and drainage fixtures and fittings are working and are certified safe and compliant.
- Landscape design plans are being drafted, which will include areas of sealed driveway, parking, lawn, gardens, pathways, fences and decking. Much of this landscape work will progress in the New Year.
- The 5x houses will be checked to ensure doors, windows and joinery fixtures open and close and some other minor repair work will be done to tidy up these houses, following the transport, relocation and movement of the buildings.
- Each house will receive a fresh coat of paint and the carpets will be cleaned.